Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Be Ashamed Then God Will Be Ashamed of You

Today my class and I were painting our tile designs for our school.Here in Bleeker Middle School or J.H.S. 185,it's not the best schools around.Our building doesn't look so cool.So our school had an artist from Great Neck (where I used to live) come over.So in 7th and 8th period we painted our designs on tiles.We were going to used all our finished tiles and put it on a wall to make our school look more decent.This year we focused on social justice.Many people painted peace signs,hearts,love,the earth,and the American flag.I decided to make a cross on a hill with a sunrise peering over it.One thing the people in my school don't know is I wanted to express my love for Jesus Christ.I wanted to spread a message that God loves everyone very much.I had four tile designs.One was with the cross on a hill,another was with the word "God" inside the fish symbol(fisher of men),another was with the word "loves" in a heart,and the last was the word "you" with a flower background.Altogether it was a message that said "God loves you" with a picture of the cross.Unfortunately I never got to finish the four tiles within the two periods.But I finished one tile.It was the most important tile of all.It was the cross on the grassy hill in front of the sunrise.And when I think about it,the picture of the cross says it all.When you look at it and think about the sacrifice Jesus Christ went through you will just know how much God loves you.When the time was up and I had to give in my tile, I went to the table of crowded people staring at the students' designs.I held my tile carefully in my hands.This kid name Xiao(I don't know if I spelled his name right) looked at my tile and said,"That's racist right there!You're showing the Christian religion!"I glared at him ready to defend my King and my God.I said,"Okay this is not racist.It's not like one race can love God.Anyone can love God.And I'm just expressing my love for my God."He stood there dumbfounded and a little creeped out saying,"Okay..."Back then when I was younger and people made fun of my God I used to cry.But now I'm a little wiser and stronger not to do that.Being a born again christian does not mean having a religion.In fact once you devote your heart and your life to Jesus Christ you have no religion.You have a relationship with Jesus Christ.As a christian you don't have strict practices and rituals.You don't have to recite prayers.You live freely through Christ and as a Child of God.All you have to do is follow the Bible and trust in the Lord.One thing for sure is in Matthew 5:11 it says,"Blessed are you when people mock and hurt you because of me".So I shouldn't feel intimidated in the first place.Another thing is in Matthew 10:33 it says,"But whoever is ashamed of me before men,I will be ashamed of him(her) before my Father in heaven".So I am definitely not ashamed.I love God and that is that.I could care less if people label me a Jesus Freak or call me crazy.What about you?The choice is all yours.Be ashamed then God will be ashamed of you.

1 comment:

  1. wow!! that is amazing continue to be unshamed for God.

    ReplyDelete