Monday, April 20, 2009

Battle Cry 2009

Today when you go out on the streets,what do you see?At daylight the town or city seems peaceful and harmless.But have you ever stop to think about the things that happen at night?When the sun goes down and the moon comes up?Has it ever crossed your mind in what teenagers do?They probably smoke, drink, take drugs, have premarital sex, and other things I don't have to spell out.This year 2009 holds a lost generation filled with confused teens.Sometimes they do these things because they think it could solve their problems.Sadly...these things just make their problems worse.Only a certain group of people in this world understand the solution to these issues.Jesus.Many years ago a group of people noticed these issues and decided to take a stand.They wanted to recreate the generation.They had a vision of thousands of youth shouting and crying out for God.They had a vision of the ones that held the future.They wanted to encourage us as teenage Christians to be the salts and lights of this world...to take a stand and conquer darkness.Especially if we're living in the urban area day by day passing by bad influence.Ron Luce, Adam Durso, Jentezen Franklin, Tye Tribbett, and many other people have been working together to make this all possible.They held their hope on us.Because of Battle Cry thousands of teenagers are now saved.April 17-18 the weekend that just passed has been a life changing moment for me.It opened up my eyes that every Child of God should set an example to the crippled fallen world.It made me realize that I am not alone.There are millions of Christians out there hanging onto their faith just as I am.That puts a smile on my face.Bands like Lecrae, Israel, Unhindered, and Jeremy Camp were there.I cried when a guy from Unhindered said,"Just imagine God ripping off the roof of IZOD Center and pouring down His love for you right now".I couldn't help myself.I broke into tears as I was touched by the Holy Spirit.At that very moment I knew I was loved by the Creator of this universe.It made me feel so grateful how God would care to love me.Of all people...me.Sometimes at night I'd think about that before I'd sleep and I'd get this warm feeling in my heart,knowing God truly cares for me.Speakers like Ron Luce and Jentezen Franklin really inspired me.Ron Luce talked about our NEEDS and our WANTS.He said wants are things we desire for but can live without.We might desperately long for it at some time and when we have it we eventually neglect it like last year's technology or fashion.Needs are things we seriously have to have or else we'll die without it.Like the food, air, water, clothes, and a house is something we need.We will need it in your daily lives.His question was "Do you treat Jesus like a need or a want?"If Jesus is a want you'll need Him at some point then eventually forget about Him.But if Jesus is a need you'll need Him every single day of your life and you can't live without Him.Want my honest opinion?Jesus is a NEED to me.Jesus and I are inseparable.I talk to Him everyday.I ask Him for advice and pray to Him for guidance.If I didn't have Him at my side I'd cry and be lost.I'm the stray lamb who was found and He's the shepherd.He leads me.I'd be crippled and afraid without Jesus at my side.Jentezen Franklin talked about the Spirit of the Python.He said it was mentioned in the Book of Acts in the Bible.When you go along with the crowd of this world and hang around with them,and you sin it won't feel so bad.That's when the Python starts grabbing you.Slowly by slowly the more you sin the harder the Python squeezes you.When you go too far with the sins the Python takes away your last breath that breathes life and you are dead.That's what will happen when you play along with the world...doing immoral things.You will end up killed.This is what cigarettes, drugs, and alcohol can do to you.Those two messages really inspired me.There were many other great things that happened at Battle Cry.But in order for you to know them you'll have to see it for yourself.Join our cry for this generation.You won't regret it I guarantee you.

Click Here For A Life Changing Moment

No comments:

Post a Comment