Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Death of Faith

Have you ever heard of the verse James 2:17?In James 2:17 Jesus said,"Faith without work is dead."I truly believe in that.Because last month God made a big miracle for me.I moved to College Point,Queens two months ago from Great Neck,Long Island.I went to Hannah's school J.H.S. 185 or as I'd like to call it Bleeker Middle School.I was a little sad about my class 802.It was a whole different environment.Most of the kids in the class were obnoxious and unfriendly.No one wanted to be friends with me in that class.I made friends with Abigail,Jasmine,Deborah,and Isabella.(Grace is another one of my friends in 803)They were all in 823 which happens to be a top class.I didn't make it to a top class because I got 3's on my state tests.During December I prayed hard to God and asked if by any chance I could move to 823.I asked if there was a possibility that if the principal did move me above all SP classes it could have been 823.One day on January 14 our class 802 had detention for misbehaving.I was punished along with all the others even though I didn't misbehave!I was infuriated and cried at detention.Later that day Mrs. Long yelled at the class and said how tired she was of their behavior.Then suddenly I felt like God spoke into my heart.Like a little whisper He told me to do something and take action.He told me to write a letter to all my teachers complaining my rights.So in the letter I mentioned about the detention and how unfair it was that I got it even though I didn't do anything wrong.I said it was the same exact thing that happened to Jesus Christ.I said that He died on the cross just for preaching about love and compassion.He never did anything wrong.He just died for the foolish sins of this world.I begged for a transfer in the letter.A week after I gave out those letters the Dean of 8th grade Ms. Davis gave me the schedule to 823.I was welling up tears of joy.I was just so happy.I didn't know how to repay God except just praise His Holy Name.God works in small ways just to help us out in life and turns it into big things.God is so amazing and yet indescribable.No one can measure what He's worth!Hallelujah!!I'm so happy to be in God's hands.I'll let Him lead the way in my life.Whatever I pray for must also include action.Faith without work is dead.If I never had the nerves to write a letter like that I'd never end up in 823.So keep faith alive by putting effort!Don't take the death of faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment