Sunday, May 3, 2009

All A Part of God's Big Plan

When you look back in life,was there ever a time where you felt like there's no hope and there's no point in living?When troubles pound so hard in your life,so hard that at one point your life feels so worthless?I'm pretty sure we've all been there before.Today I woke up at 9 in the morning feeling lethargic as ever.I never expected what was coming on this day.So the whole morning I just relaxed and then took a shower.Then when it was past noon my parents came.(My parents and I live in separate houses)My mom bursted the door opened and shocked me after I was sitting relaxed by the computer.She said "Get ready Dara!We're going to church!"My dad came and asked if I took a shower and I nodded.I mumbled,"Mom are we going to King of Kings?"She answered,"No we're going to a family reunion in Christ".I was sort of happy to hear that.So I quickly changed.I got a formal blouse and wore my usual "Sunday black pants".I took my watch and my polar bear necklace.I slipped on my golden brown flats.I readied my Bible,keys,and cell phone.Then we all ate breakfast.Then we left the house and it was pouring rain.We were on our way to the Bronx.When we finally reached there we went to Tita Gladys's house.There rows of seats were arranged in the small garage.The cold air was blown into the garage and it smelled like a farm.I sat down and my parents helped tidy up the place.We removed the farm scent by putting a vase of beautiftul flowers on the table which smelled really nice.Later the service started.I was thrilled to see the old friendly faces of my siblings in Christ.I had a heartwarming feeling inside of me,even though I was freezing in the cold.We had Tito Rolly read Psalm 115 and then we started to sing the familiar songs I used to know back then.We sang this one song that really brought me to tears.I couldn't help crying.It was called "Give Us Clean Hands" by Chris Tomlin.There was a part where it said ♫Oh God let us be a generation that seeks,that seeks your face oh God of Jacob.♫It made me think of how sinful and horrible I am and yet God the Maker of this universe would take me in His precious hands and mold me into something beautiful.He would find the time to be mindful of me and place a special plan for me.And I am part of the next generation.It's the same exact thing with every other Christian out there.My one true goal in my life is to figure out what God's plan and purpose is for me and that I can use it to glorify His wonderful and beautiful name.After the praise and worship service we had Mommy Rose Adriano come up and preach.She talked about the plans of God and our faith in Him.Her message truly blessed me.And throughout the Sunday afternoon I was really blessed.It turns out our fellowship together won't die.Sure we might have fallen.But now we can rise from the ashes and live again through the Spirit of the Lord.So let's dust ourselves off and wipe our sorrowful tears.Our mission isn't over yet,it merely begun.And through the trials and problems that occur in our life,we must not focus on the negative things but remember who's in control.We shouldn't be intimidated by the circumstances of this world.Whether they are big or small they are definitely small in God's eyes.And since we are His beloved children He'll take good care of us.There is nothing in this world we should be afraid of.So we've had a rough patch lately but let's remember that the Lord our God,our Father,and our Friend is in control and will do anything to keep us safe.God is in control.He allows certain things in our life to happen so His plans for us will prevail.Everything that's happening in our life,and everything that revolves around us is all a part of God's big plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment