Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Little Precious Things

Last night I had such a sad dream.Well it was practically dawn when it happened.This was my dream...I was minding my own business in my room in bed.It was late at night and I was struggling to sleep.I stared at the night light shining an orangey-pinkish gleam.Suddenly,my door opened and my dad came into my room.He said"Dara,I'm sorry but your mom died."The silence fell back into the room.The words were still trying to consume into my mind.I was shocked.Without a question of my mom's death I got out of bed.Everything turned blurry and the room was spinning.I felt dizzy.My world was shattered into a million pieces.I struggled to find something to lean on.And I started to cry immensely.I felt tears roll down my face.I loved my mom so much.And...and...I snapped back into reality.I stared at the ceiling of my familiar room.I looked at Putput and Peachie my teddybears.I felt the tears still coming out my eyes.Everything was just so vague and unclear.I realized it was just a dream.A horrible dream.I was so relieved that it was just a dream.I knew right away that my mom was still alive.I knew that I'd see her again.I squinted at my watch and read 5:44 AM.I sighed in relief.I was so happy that it was nothing but a sad dream.But even though I realized it was only a dream I was still crying and I don't know why.I guess it's because I was just so overwhelmed with the thought of my mom dead.It's ironic how that dream occurred the night(dawn) before my mom's birthday.I believe that God allowed me to have that dream so I could realize how much I love my mom.And through thick and thin,through trials and problems,I will always love my mom.She's not perfect but neither am I. Today March 4, 2009 my mom is 41 years old.I walked 5 blocks to Walgreens just to get her a card and bought her a cupcake for $1 in school,but it was worth it.I hope mom has a wonderful birthday.She deserves it for being such a great mom.I can't imagine having to lose my mom right now.I'd be devastated.Sometimes you never really know the little precious things in your life until they're gone.



No comments:

Post a Comment