Monday, January 14, 2013

Despite the hurt, I do not give up

It’s weird how drastically fate can alter things in so little time. How the people dear to your heart are suddenly catapulted a million miles away. How the one who you sincerely trusted rapidly becomes an enemy. Despite a short distance, they have become unreachable, because they no longer want to be reached by you. Whatever days that shone brightly with the sun somehow turns into a period of gloom and darkness. Whatever conversations that were once saturated with laughter and bonding of friendship, abruptly shifts into a shudder of silence. 

I should have learned from life’s lessons long before. I should have recognized the patterns that life’s trials have thrown my way. I should have been calloused by the embitterment of disappointment and pain. 

Such unfortunate occasions should have destroyed my ability to open and trust. 

Nonetheless, as broken as the world is, as imperfect as humanity is, as foolish as my heart is, I do not give up on the hope, power, and love of God that can fix, heal, and save all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment