Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day 2/10/10

Yesterday something unexpected happened.I was sitting casually in lab in a somewhat sluggish way.I was never too fond of lab.I always thought it was complicated.Everyone was talking about the possibility of a snow day.During that moment I remembered how I prayed for a snow day,even last week.I thought in my head Lord God please let there be snow.Bring a blizzard if it's your will.Suddenly out of nowhere there was an announcement.It was Mr. Athy the principal.He said that there was "depressing" news.Everyone started smiling when he said that word.Then he said that school would be cancelled the very next day.Everyone in the room started screaming for the rest of the announcement,so we didn't hear anything else he said.Even my teacher was rejoicing.I found it ironic that even teachers would want a snow day, but they are human being as well.I felt so happy.Earlier this week, when the weekend was over I felt terrible inside.I didn't want to go back to school.I asked God if I could have a fever.Yup...that's how desperate I was to get out of it.However, it's pretty foolish because I'm practically asking God to hurt me if I asked for a fever.I was a bit afraid that maybe asking for a snow day was selfish of me.I know that God hates laziness.But God knows all my thoughts and feelings.He certainly knows what's in my heart.He knows how stressed I can be from school.I guess God's just merciful like that.It truly brings a smile on my face, to know that I can count on God with everything.After all this time, I should know that God will never let me down no matter what.He is the creator of the universe after all.And because I pray with faith and I believe with all my heart in God, I know I will be answered.

In 1 John 5:14-15 it says:There is one thing we can be sure of when we come to God in prayer.If we ask anything in keeping with what He wants, He hears us.If we know that God hears what we ask for, we know we have it.

Hallelujah isn't that great?!As children of God,we have the power of prayer in our hands.All we need to do is put our faith into it, not doubt.

In Matthew 21:21-22 it says:Jesus replied,"What I'm about to tell you is true.You must have faith and not doubt.Then you can do what was done to the fig tree.And you can say to this mountain,'Go and throw yourself into the sea.' It will be done.If you believe, you will achieve what you ask for when you pray.

I know what you're thinking...Some story..talking about a snow day.Well, can I say?It's a big deal to me since it rarely happens in the area I live in.Besides,I have much more bizarre experiences than this.I pray to God for almost anything.But those moments are left for other stories here on my blog.Goodbye and enjoy your snow day!BTW 15th Happy Birthday to my friend Aubrey!! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment