Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The power of God is just so overwhelming and amazing!

For as long as I can remember, I've always been praying for my closest friends who don't know about Christ. Today just seemed like another typical day where my friends and I would hang out and fool around. Two of my friends came over to my house. One of them was a new believer in Christ and the other friend was an open minded person, who wondered about faith. We anticipated on watching Netflix and making fun of horror movies. I scrolled through the Netflix page and something caught my eye. "Oh my gosh, it's the Passion of Christ!" I exclaimed. Without hesitation, I said, "We should see it! But I have to warn you that it's pretty intense and graphic." I knew Jessy would have appreciated it, but I was hoping Vivian wouldn't freak out. Over an hour passed by and we reached the scene of the crucifixion. As powerful as it is, none of us could resist crying. My dad called for dinner and brought us to Olive Garden. The movie, unfortunately, had to be discontinued. The hours passed by as we ate and hung out in a mall. Surely time wasn't wasted. God made a way through our conversations. We kept talking about dreams and the reality of life. We ended up talking about spirits and demons. I explained as much as I could about the Bible and the gospel. As my parents drove my friends home, my friend (unsure of faith) finally said, "I should get a Bible." The words rang in my ears and my heart felt like flying. I chimed in joy, "Yeah! I could buy one for you!" When my parents dropped her home, I slightly jumped from my seat in the car, while silently screaming and clapping my hands. I rejoiced because this was the gradual planting of the seed. I thanked the Lord, because He's just so good. Obviously, God would never turn down another lost sheep. He'll always manage to bring them into the Shepherd's arms. Praise God, praise God, praise God!!!

If you're reading this post now, please do me a favor and pray for my friend. I pray that through her curiosity in life beyond death and in the Bible, that she'll find the truth in Jesus Christ. Thank you in advanced. :')

No comments:

Post a Comment