Saturday, September 11, 2010

I will remember 9/11

I will remember that day. I will remember all the lives that were taken. I will remember the sorrow and pain. I will also remember the miracle that happened my my family and me on that day. My parents were supposed to go to a meeting at a building not too far away from the Twin Towers. I wasn’t in school that day. They were bringing me along. But my and parents and I ran late. We took a bus, then the subway train. When we arrived at Ground Zero, a janitor was cleaning up. Bars were sealed at the exit. “What happened?” My dad asked the janitor. “You don’t know? The Twin Towers fell because of a plane! So many people died!” The janitor cried. My parents were surprised and shocked with grief. I was five years old at the time. I had no idea what was going on. My parents and I traveled back to our NJ home. Once we got a picture on the news, everything made sense. We were all in shock. I cried because so many lives were taken away. I also cried, because my parents and I were still alive. God gave us a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment