Friday, June 11, 2010

Not Going Through This Battle Alone

I had a long and tedious day today.I was on my way home,relieved to know it was another lovely Friday.Better yet,I got over all my finals.I rushed over hastily down Main Street,to make it to my bus.Thankfully,I reached it just in time.I slipped my card in and then retrieved it.I lethargically sat down and slouched a little in my seat.It had been a long day for me.I stared blankly into space as the bus driver began to drive.I saw this young teenager who was about 16 or 17?I really don’t know.But I saw him take out a petite little book.I thought to myself hey,what is he reading?I noticed how the sides of the pages were golden and the words were all neatly aligned into two columns in each page.It made me think wait,is he reading the Bible?My eyes constantly bounced back and forth from his book to some other place.I didn’t want him to think that I was staring at him.Because that would be awkward. o_o Honestly,I was just curious to see if he was reading the Bible or not.When it was his stop,I saw him close his book.At the side it said NLT.Turns out,that means New Living Translation.I thought cool!!It is the Bible!!! Sometimes,it feels overwhelming to know that we’re living in a world which we know isn’t our permanent home.But of course,that thought can help us to remember that we have to be strong and that God is still there to help us carry through.It really blessed me though,to see another person,at such a young age,to read the Bible in a public place,such as the bus.And from this whole freshman year,I have met tons of people,who I can say are real Christians.It makes me happy to know that I am not alone.This world is a big place full of many different people.But through the flood of crowded people,there are also many souls who are saved by Jesus Christ.It just overwhelms me,because it’s been so many months since the last time I attended church.I’m just comforted by the reminder that I’m not going through this battle alone.And I thank God for this reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment