Tuesday, September 1, 2009

God Makes Me Strong

What could make a person so small?Is it fear?Is it chaos?Is it change?What?There will always be something in a person's life that brings them these feelings.There will be things that we can't hide from but forcibly face.I know that in a matter of days I have to face the one thing that I fear...high school.As I've said before,it scares me.I know that counting my numbered days until high school makes me feel so weak and small.There's this song called,"How He Loves" by David Crowder Band.There's a couple of lines that fit my situation.It goes ♫He is jealous for me.Loves like a hurricane.I am a tree,bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.♫I feel that way right now.I'm feel so helpless and vulnerable.But I know with God,everything is possible.After all I've been through,I shouldn't give into fear now.I know there are times in my life where I measure myself really small.But I have God who's big and incredible!Sometimes it may not be fear,chaos,or change alone that makes me "small", but my underestimation in myself and God!Wow!Do I feel foolish or what?!In Philippians 4:13 it says,"I can do everything by the power of Christ.He gives me strength."In Matthew 17:20-21 Jesus said,"Because your faith is much too small.What I'm about to tell you is true.If you have faith as small as a mustard seed,it is enough.You can say to this mountain,'Move from here to there.'And it will move.Nothing will be impossible for you."I should just have faith the size of a mustard seed.Its possiblities grow endlessly!I should just keep believing and trusting in God.I know that God will protect me wherever I go.I am not alone.God the Almighty Creator of the universe will help me throughout my battles in high school.Sure I have many changes and adjustments to put up with,but my God hasn't changed,and He never will.He's stuck with me through the chaos in middle school and He'll do the same in high school.I thank God for all the support and guidance.He's the only reason why I get up every morning to strive through each day.He's the only reason why I smile.He's the only reason I've finally reach my contentment in life.Nothing can be more better than that.I know high school will be scary.And I know there will be many other fears I have to face in life.But at least I don't have to face these things alone.I may be weak but God makes me strong.

4 comments:

  1. I am a 56 year old woman, I have been told that I have Fibromialga, @ I work for the circulations at our news paper.. I am very busy... I know god has givin me the strength to over come my problems..I have the strengh to over come, because their is no one to take care of me but god...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So young and so brave. Thank u for sharing. I felt lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, Joanna! Thank you for commenting. I'm happy that my post helped you in some sort of way. The loneliness that you feel, is the cry of your being and soul to get closer to God. Draw near to Him, and He will comfort you. He will never leave your side.

    Psalm 145:18 "The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth."

    Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

    God will always be here for you!

    Matthew 28:20 "...And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

    Trust Him. When you put God first, you will never feel lonely in your life again. He'll also put people by your side, to get you through these days on earth. Take care and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To anonymous: I'm praying for you!! Stay strong in Christ! I pray by the power of God, that He will strengthen all the joints and muscles in your body! I pray that you will feel replenished and renewed each and everyday, and your Spirit revived by the breath and the Word of God! I pray that you will feel confidence in your heart that God is placing a plan and a purpose for you in your very life — that you have a special gift from the Spirit. In JESUS' name, Amen!

    We're all going through tough hardships that will test the character and our faith. It's up to us, to cling to God. It's worth it in the end. Take care, sister! Be brave! God bless you! ♥

    Romans 8:18 "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."

    Romans 8:37-39 "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

    ReplyDelete