Friday, August 3, 2012

It's time to take the blow horn and let your voice be heard

Many people are afraid to speak their minds. A great deal of people don't know it. The generation becomes internally and sheepishly deprived. People follow compromise with the valued opinions, imposed by the world. I've seen people embolden conformity, instead of individuality. This happens to teenagers [and all people alike] everyday. It's as if there's a big voice that tells us what to buy, what music to listen to, what to indulge in, and basically wraps us around in a shape of facade. I understand that in all history, people were always encouraged to move forward, create new things, rebuild new eras of art and technology. Nonetheless, people work so hard in achieving the exterior and tend to neglect the interior. The mistake is that we focus on climbing the ladder of apparent importance, but we forget the importance inside of us. Considering how influential our surrounding society is, we've unconsciously become puppets bound and tied by strings attached to our limbs. We lose the voice within us and based on experience, that has happened to me too. Inside, life rushes through our veins and a heart pumps to breathe the soul.

Jesus said in Matthew 23:26, "Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean."

For the last couple of years, I've been so preoccupied with all this school work, but that's simply unavoidable. The part that was gradually lost in me, was the passion and inspiration to write. I became discouraged and apprehensive, that my writing probably isn't good enough, or no one will ever care about what I have to say. The reason can't simply be the excuse of the ol' classic "writer's block." Yet in the last few weeks, just two people I knew started asking me, if I had been writing. I told them the sheer truth that I really wasn't — but then they encouraged me, kindly telling me that I have a gift. They said the same exact words. I never even imagined that it could be a gift of mine, believing that my writing was bland. I'm truly grateful for their thoughtful words.

This time, I'll make sure that I give my insights on life's profound lessons, while applying the written Wisdom of my greatest Counselor; the Bible. Some writing styles are intelligent with all their sprinkled, fancy words. Now I realize, that I don't need to know every word of a college professor's vocabulary. I just need to speak from my heart. (But of course, I will need to learn more as I read on. I have yet to study SAT words.) I encourage you, to do the same. We were all given mouths and ears for a reason. :)

Now, I can only be sure of one thing. My purpose: through writing, through speech, in love and truth — is to tell the world about Jesus Christ.

Matthew 28:19-20 "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

We can't ignore all the differences we're capable of making. Our age does not dictate what we do.

2 Timothy 4:12 "Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity."

Ephesians 4:15 "Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ."

God is my leader and my author all the way.

I don't know, if anyone cared to read this, but if you read this far, I'd like to sincerely thank you!

God bless you! :')

No comments:

Post a Comment